At Rokeby, we are committed to supporting students’ emotional and mental health. We aim to promote a culture where students feel valued, supported and able to share concerns when they arise.
We promote this culture through:
- High quality teaching and student support;
- Positive interactions between staff, students and home;
- A pastoral support system which includes: form tutors, year teams, safeguarding leads, behaviour mentors and student support officers.
- Extensive liaison with external services to ensure that students receive the support they need;
- An embedded PSHE and RSHE curriculum which is constantly reviewed and updated to reflect students’ needs;
- Assemblies and registration activities which focus on all aspects of well-being including mental health;
- Sharing information with families, via our school media, on the resources and organisations available to support young people’s mental health;
- Staff training to assist in identifying mental health warning signs and best practice strategies.