All applications for free schools meals are made via Newham Council’s website.
Your child may receive free school meals if you get any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Apply online for free school meals
You will need your National Insurance number to complete the application.
Click here for more information and to apply online.
Rokeby Food Bank
If you are not entitled to FSM, are awaiting a decision on your application, or simply require more help, Rokeby runs a foodbank and we are happy to support any family in need.
Please just email email@example.com
Please state the name of the child who attends Rokeby and how many people are in your family, including whether you need baby products. We will then arrange parcels and ensure you get the support you need.